Activated Charcoal on the face? We are revealing a handful of facts.
In case of every digestive problems we reach for activated charcoal. It is a natural and gentle medicine soothing the symptoms of food poisoning. However, not everyone is aware of the fact that it also provides tremendous effects when used in cosmetology.
What are its main properties when it comes to the cosmetic field?
- It is a remedy for everyone who struggles with acne-prone skin and blackheads.
- Provides brightening properties therefore, it is perfect for dealing with hyperpigmentation connected with sun radiation or ageing.
- Regulates sebum secretion on the skin, leaving it matte and smooth – best suitable for oily and combination skin.
- If after the summer, your skin requires extra cleansing, you can reach for an activated charcoal facial mask. It will not only remove excess sebum, dirt and dust but also fight bacteria responsible for the adverse skin condition.
- Activated charcoal is also perfect for teeth whitening. There are many toothpastes with this ingredient, however, you can easily prepare one yourself. Regular use will provide spectacular effects. Due to the antibacterial properties, it will take care of flora in the oral cavity and will help reduce bad breath bacteria.
- Activated bamboo charcoal is also one of the components of deep cleansing pore strips. They are soaked in natural ingredients that help to remove blackhead quick and easy.
- Soaps enriched with activated charcoal are perfect products for removing toxins from the skin – especially after summer. They are usually handmade, enhanced with essential oils of patchouli, eucalyptus or lemongrass. They do not comprise any artificial substances, preservatives or foaming agents.
- The success of masks and scrubs with the content of activated charcoal is determined by the fact that apart from deeply cleansing properties, they also complement deficiency of minerals. Therefore, it will be the perfect addition for autumn face care.